Thursday, April 5, 2007

On Global Warming

Talk to the hand!

The hand has knuckles still stiff and aching from the chill they received while watering pansies 10 minutes ago. April 5th, and it's 39 degrees out there at noon, in Zone 5. Two inches of snow are in today's forecast.



Two years ago, May 1st, 2005, a hard freeze killed the hibiscus bushes and sent me to the store for the third flat of marigolds that spring. I wasn't even sure I liked marigolds, and I was planting them a third time? *harumph*

When I created this blogsite, I told myself to stay quiet on political issues. I'm obeying me, because this isn't a political issue -- it's a faith issue. *heh-heh* And it's a scientific issue. And it's a propaganda issue. Is propaganda political? Someone look that up for me.

Propaganda: Say it long and loudly enough, and they'll believe anything.

Science: Pretty easy from any scientific angle (it has to be, because I get it), but the fact I've found most interesting is that increased CO2 is a result of, rather than cause of, warming. I've read that in the '70s, there was a cry of global cooling and purported science to support that. Might they think we exhaled too much in the meantime?

Faith: I'm a strong proponent of the liberty to believe whatever one wants. Personally, I prefer truth over fiction, but whatever floats one's boat is okay with me, and that even when their fictitious world threatens to sink my little craft. Take my boat, and I'll still float, secured by the Man who walked on water.

There was a widely used slogan several years ago that went: God said it - I believe it - That settles it

Personally, I prefer my own version:
God said it - That settles it, whether I believe it or not.

The earth [is] the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof;
the world, and they that dwell therein.
Psalm 24:1

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest,
and cold and heat, and summer and winter,
and day and night shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust,
avoiding profane [and] vain babblings,
and oppositions of science falsely so called:
I Timothy 6:20

1 comment:

Rikki said...

My motto: Global warming -- not as fun as it sounds. ;-)

I didn't even bother trying to cover up my new plants. I've never had luck getting anything to grow one way or another. If it feels like growing, it will. And then my dog will dig it up or the cats will eat it anyway.