Sunday, October 14, 2007

It's a Wall -- Almost

That little sheetrock patch in the ceiling was one sheetrock patch more than anyone living in this house wanted to do, so we've a beadboard wall in the den. Beats the cornbread heck out of that gaping chimney hole, and we'll just call it our accent wall (accentuating how much we abhor the task of sheetrocking).



My contribution to this portion of the project was to absent myself from the scene, especially since I'm fixated on straight and level lines, and no one needed a compulsive voice yammering about right angles.

Knitting -- ya gotta love it. Get to sit on one's tail-end, accomplishing something. Guilt-free relaxation. So I knitted and ate cookies, then I ate cookies and knitted. (Cookies can be eaten in any posture; seated is particularly pleasing.)

I'm the painter, by default, so my time's a-comin'. But for a missing 12" x 15" piece of beadboard, I'd have been roller in-hand by nightfall, and I have a sneaking suspicion that remaining, bitsy piece shall be applied this very day.

*Knit 1, Roll 3; repeat from (*) to the end of the wall (or exhaustion -- whichever comes first).

Boast not thyself of to morrow;
for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
~Proverbs 27:1

No comments: