Saturday, October 24, 2009

3 Dozen Eggs

That's all I wanted.  I didn't really want them.  There's just this little issue of having lost track of time while my chickens were aging.  And aging.  And apparently aging.  Who knew the little egg factories were all done workin' now ... until the daily egg count nosedived [nosedove?] to between zero and two?  Someone has to capture those wild, young chickens living with the CowNots and bring them to the coop.  So far, no resident rodeo clown has volunteered.

So I went to Aldi to buy eggs.  I should have known better than to pass up the shopping cart, but how hard can it be for three people to carry a dozen eggs each?  Those eggs weren't the problem, though.  The problem was the 4 boxes of frozen, Chinese stick-it-in-the-oven food, two bags of bagels (plain and cinnamon raisin), a bunch o' bananas, two cartons of whipped cream cheese with chives, 3 packs of cream cheese, a sack of Yukon gold potatoes, and a bag of spicy piggy-pops.  Kinda cumbersome.  So I grabbed a little box to help corral the littler bits.  Luggin' this load and standing in line with our prizes even supplied me a Charlie horse smack in the middle of my back, which I grimaced and bore.  "I came in for 3 dozen eggs," I said to the cashier.  "How'd I do?"  This was not our most pleasant trip to Aldi, and let me tell you, the word pleasant has never before been employed in tandem with trip to Aldi, so you get the picture.

Purrle loved me for it, though.  I guess it was worth it.  To him.





But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.  ~I Corinthians 1:27-29

1 comment:

Annie T. said...

Good for Purrle that you picked up a box at Aldi's. :)