Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rumpy Red Star Hen

I'm told by the resident walking encyclopedia that manx cats can be rumpies or stumpies, and Purrle is a stumpy, possessing a blurb of a tail, which is the only small thing about the fat feline. Believing there aren't such classifications for chickens but having from our original flock a surviving red star hen who lost her tail to a predator back when we had that barrage of attacks, I'm taking the liberty of borrowing from the cat world, and I present to you our rumpy red star hen.

While we've already established I'm no photography genius (and you should see the shots I keep to myself), in my defense, the little lady wouldn't stand still. I wanted you to get to see the profile, though, of a rumpy red star, so you're stuck with a piggledy image:

clickable





I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. ~Psalm 138:2

1 comment:

WurdGurl said...

Sweet girl, and a survivor! I have been researching backyard chickens, and it sounds like Red Stars are tops! Best, Carrie