Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fix It...Or Not

"When you have a time most convenient for you, could you mend this?" asked Son4.

He's so polite.  Isn't he polite?  So I gazed at the 3-corner tear for a moment, said somewhat haltingly, "Um...yeah...," then guided my eyes over the heap of fabric in his hands, opened my mouth, and was about to ask if that was just one of his older brothers' cast off t-shirts he sleeps in, because if it was, I was going to suggest simply tossing it into the wastebasket.  That wad in his hands was looking pretty mangy. 

Before I could speak, though, he'd unbundled the wad, turned it around, and held up the front for me to see, as he said, "Ruger did it.  It's a good thing you bought me two of these, huh?"


Ohhh, that shirt (those shirts).  Indeed.  Sometimes it pays to have fluff for brains and love a bargain.  SugarPlum also has two matching, adorable, discounted dresses, because Nana thought they were awfully cute on the clearance rack ... twice.

I'll see if I can get the dogdirt out of the shirt first.  [Or would that be out of the first shirt; it may be dirt in the second shirt — first get the dogdirt out of the second shirt?]  Then we'll decide whether or not to mend it.  That Ruger!



Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  ~II Corinthians 5:17

No comments: