Monday, June 8, 2009

Caption Contest 1

Slowpoke.  I finally got around to creating the poll for the photo caption contest.  It tops the sidebar now.  I set it to allow each person to vote for more than one entry, and I think by poll creator default each user is locked out of voting after their single or multiple vote.  There may arise the option of changing your vote, after you've voted.  I guess we'll find out.  Vote---->

In the meantime, that head-thunking pool plunge I had was my first and thusfar last, for while I was in there, all the elastic in my lycra swim dress popped, creating a teensy, weird, white fur and extending the formerly knee-length dress to my ankles.  Pleasant.  It's my fault.  I knew full well I should have rinsed the chlorine from it after every swim last year, and I just didn't do it.  My bad.

So I'm grounded from the pool until I can talk myself into pulling out the other piece of lycra and whipping up another swim dress.  Whipping up.  Who am I trying to fool?  While I can't find the post about sewing the now destroyed swim dress, it's here somewhere, and I tattled on myself for every little and big struggle I encountered during the project, not the least of which was searching all over the table for my seam ripper, before I realized it was what was secured between my teeth and poking out the front of my face.

Will she do it?  I don't mean store the seam ripper in her mouth again.  Will she make another swim dress?  It may be a long, hot, DRY summer for the girl.  We'll see.



Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.  ~1 Samuel 12:24

No comments: