Friday, March 6, 2009

Burning Part I - The Garden

While the north pasture was still smoldering last year, we learned we're supposed to acquire a burn permit and call the sheriff's department before we set fire to the prairie.  So that's why the red pick-up truck with a twirling light thingie came flying down the road.  Who knew?  Oopsie.  The nice fireman let the neighbor come splain to us how things are done in these parts.

We got our burn permit yesterday.
We set fire to the prairie.


This time it was the garden.


Mmm, fire.


Mmm, windy.


Mmm, black.


PrettyNot




That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. 
~I Peter 1:7

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Ah, Caroline, but out of that "pretty not" comes all the new life. Hmmm, kind of makes you think of how God takes us "pretty nots" and makes us shiny and new!

zoomer1 said...

Laurel, that is a lovely thought. Thank you for sharing it with us.

CarolineNot said...

Laurel, amen. \o/

And btw, Girls, at one point I was sitting on that tire. I moved. *cough* *snort*

Tire - and others - may hold strawberries or potatoes. I still haven't figured out yet where to put the strawberry patch, since the polar bear now lives in the originally planned spot, and I don't want any bears galoomphing 'cross my berries. Neither, though, do I want chickens scratching and snatching them. Oh worra, worra, worra.