Saturday, March 7, 2009

Redecorating

And I cooked a sizable turkey dinner, too.  Just look at me, all puffed-up and everything.  *snort*

Thankfully, the dinner was a snap compared with the decorating.  If you happened by in the midst of my midday mess, you'll be happy to learn I cook a little more successfully than I hang blog wallpaper and accoutrements.  In my defense, Son3 burst into gleeful laughter, when he saw the earlier, sculptured chickenflowerfabric concoction, and I'm always up for a laugh, so I let it sit here being all dumb and ugly for hours.  If you missed it, you missed a chuckle...or tears, depending on which direction you were leaning today.

Ironically, Laurel was having her own little decorating debacle today, which I learned just moments ago.  Go see.  Her place is right pretty, but she didn't get there so easily either.


Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.  Psalm 1:1, 2

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Just caught up with your posts, love the fact we were both "decorating" this weekend. By the way the turkey sounds great. I spent all Sunday afternoon making a new Coq Au Vin receipe and it was definitely a stinker!! Glad you had more success.

CarolineNot said...

Aw, Laurel, what a shame about the Coq Au Vin. Been there too many times, myself. The last was actually recent: Cincinnati Chili. Interesting and different, but by bite #6 or #7, most of us had decided it wasn't a keeper, and some of us couldn't even finish a serving.