Sunday, March 8, 2009

Burning Part III - The Dinner

Burn permit in-hand, we decided to set fire to our dinner, too.  No, we don't need a permit to burn in an enclosed space, but we were feeling all fired-up and didn't look or whiff like we should sit down at a dining table, so we roasted dogs for dinner.

These are bun length beef dogs.  There must be some reason why hotdog makers must tell us some meats have been mechanically separated, and as much as I like chickens on-the-hoof-foot, I really don't want to risk eating roasted chicken lips or toes, so I buy beef.  If you eat the others, that's plenty good, and I ate my own share of them before I got curious about that mechanical thing.

Dinner for Four


Tasty


A large, brown lab came strolling down the road.
Itsy-bitsy Pierre ran him off with aplomb.
He was so pleased with himself.
I was glad he lived to strut.


The galoomph polar bear lounged in the bushes.
He was awakened by the praise (and potato chip) Pierre received
and strolled over to join the party.
Plopped down.


I finally saw him run.
He lumbers.
He trips over himself and falls.
That's okay.


He's just a baby.


Pretty sunset to close the evening.


I love bands of color behind the trees.




Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.  ~Psalm 143:10

No comments: