Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scrub That Little Kid

I'd only been postponing this little project for about two months, moving the stack of washcloths hither and yon.  I dared not actually put them away, because that's what I did with the new shower curtain I was making, when a more pressing matter arose, and I haven't figured out yet where away is.  I finally tired of looking at the washcloths, so I took the plunge this week. 

Of course, I bought cheap (and I do mean cheap) washcloths, so the challenge was particularly intense, for they ravel if you look at 'em crooked.  One glance at the bits and pieces told me my sewing machine would eat the animals posthaste, so I had to stitch them by hand.  This also may mean they'll disintegrate when put-to-the-scrub, but we'll hope not and not be present to witness the debacle, if it occurs.  I also have a propensity for not knowing what I'm doing (dispensing with the reading of instructions), which is the reason the bunny's soap holder is on his be-hind rather than belly.  Oh well.  I'm glad I save hotel soaps, because they're a great fit to the pouches.  I also struggled with the bunny's ears, discovering when I attached and turned the first time, one was sticking straight out the top of his head and the other lollygagging to the left.  Surgery ensued.

If you'd like to make your plum some puppet scrubbies, the pattern is here.


And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.  Genesis 2:2, 3

No comments: