Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Drama

I’ve noticed on the Internet a recent spate of memes urging people to eliminate from their lives those who create, or bring with them, DRAMA.  Yes, eliminate those people from your life.

Really?

drama - (4) any situation or series of events having vivid, emotional, conflicting, or striking interest or results: the drama of a murder trial.  [For other definitions, see here.]
Do I know anyone whose life is void of situations or events which are vivid, emotional, conflicting, or of striking interest? 
No. 
I’m to live in isolation, solitary confinement?

No one dare harsh my mellow.
Keep your problems to yourself; mine are important, but yours . . . notsomuch.
I don’t have any drama in my life.  What's wrong with you?
Don’t drag ME into your stuff.  If it’s unpleasant, I’m sure you deserve it, so deal with it.

You're messy.  Go away.
I just want to have fun!

That’s Christlike.  Not.

I wonder if those who eliminate from their lives people who experience or create drama (i.e., live in the world; breathe) spend money to entertain themselves with imaginary drama. 

Ah, that was great!  All that edge-of-my-seat drama, and I didn’t have to invest a single thought or breath to encourage, uplift, guide, or share a burden.
Perhaps the creators of the memes mean something other than what is being conveyed.  I hope so.  Ü

Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.  (Galatians 6:2)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.  (I Peter 3:15)

Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.  For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.   (Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10)


This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.    (II Timothy 3:1-5)

No comments: