Tuesday, July 29, 2014

TwitterNot

I usually don't remember how I arrived where I am, and such was the case when I created a Twitter account on Sunday.  I'd never wanted a Twitter account.  I'd never needed a Twitter account.  All I remember is having accessed some news on the Israel-Gaza conflict, and the source had a Twitter account.  Source mentioned tweeting timely updates, and I wanted those, because mainstream news is slow and insanely -- yes, insanely -- biased in favor of the Arab terrorists.   
insane
1. Unsound in mind or intellect; mad; deranged in mind; delirious; distracted.  
     Source: http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/word/insane
Creating the Twitter account was pretty straightforward.  I spent a little time familiarizing myself with the utilities and "followed" the news source and a pastor I like.  Then I went away.

I opened Twitter yesterday, Monday, to look for news and was met by a notification my account had been suspended:
"...Unfortunately, it looks like this account, @___, got caught up in one of these [automated sweep] spam groups by mistake."  (emphasis added)
Mistake.  Whose mistake?  Clearly, not my mistake, by Twitter's own admission.  Then I was cautioned to take care that I don't tweet anything that breaks the Twitter rules.  [For the record, the account stats show I have made 0 (zero) tweets, so even a hacker cannot have tweeted through my account.]  And the message concluded thusly:
"To continue using this account, please confirm below: 
"I understand that my account may be permanently suspended if I continue using Twitter in a way that violates the Twitter Rules."
There was a box to tick, making my false confession.

Turn down those lights.  May I have a drink of water?  Is that a one-way window in that wall behind me?  Could I stretch my legs, walk around a bit?

Okay, this just isn't worth it.  I'm going to delete the account.  The short of a vexingly long story is I cannot delete the account, unless I make the false confession.

This bird laid no eggs, tweeted no song, and has abandoned the nest to the buzzards.  I'll follow The Jewish Standard on Facebook.  Facebook.  That's a rant you won't want to hear.  But may. 

Twitter.  A big *pfft*!





Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.  Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.  Philippians 4:4-5

No comments: