Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Grunchy

[Phone:"blah-blah ... blah, blah, blah ... blahblahblahblah..."]

Zoomer:(*lilt in voice*) Well, every day is a new adventure.

CarolineNot:  Now don't you go gettin' all Pollyanna on me.  I'm not in the mood for that.

Zoomer:*tinkling laughter*

CarolineNot:  Okay.  That's it.  You're fired.
______________________________________

Surmising Zoomer may simply be way too puffed-up happy about the beautiful 4" snow on her mountaintop, and since WE now have 2" and still falling, I decided to go check the thermometer just now — toss some rival weather at her:  Ah, 6.5º.  Yeah, that's it!  2" snow and falling, 6.5º.  Beat that, Zoomer!  Pride cometh before the fall.  I'm not a very observant person, but this time I happened to notice the print beneath the temperature reading:  DIE. 

The label beneath that order/warning reads "DAY", so whichever of the fellows programmed the clock-therm gadget must have cycled it through to German or Portugese or Weasel-Latin.  My laughter doesn't tinkle, but I guffawed aloud over:


6.5º
DIE

Every day is a new adventure!


Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.  ~Matthew 5:7

No comments: