Sunday, December 28, 2008

Zooming in and out

Zoomer phoned me Thursday afternoon with, "How would you feel about having company this weekend?"

I guffawed.  "What are you talking about?"  She was talking about coming on Sunday for a visit.  I guffawed again.  In fact, we were on the phone for probably ten minutes, and my recollection is that my part in this conversation consisted of a whole lot of guffawing, then, "Okay, goodbye."  I really know how to roll out the welcome mat, don't I?

Zoomer lives on a mountain in California.  I do not.  Therefore, I do not expect Zoomer and her husband to be dropping by for a visit.  Mr. Zoomer, though, has a propensity for finding vehicles in Missouri, which he believes he'd like to own.  That's right, this isn't a first.  Ergh, Zoomer, sorry about all that guffawing.  We country folk tend to browse the local newspaper, when we're looking for a car, but hey, it works out swell for us when your Mr. shops nationwide.

So, we're looking forward to the Zoomers' arrival this evening.  And just look at me, all sitting here pretending the turkey is thawed (much less roasted) , desserts are made, the house is "company clean," and the laundry is all done-up.  Heavy on that laundry thing, since the sink in the bathroom is fake (don't ask), and everyone brushes their teeth in the laundry room — if they can get to the sink.

As Joycie would say, "Get 'er done!"


Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.  ~Titus 2:13, 14

1 comment:

Son3 said...

*Tag!*

Sorry, but I can't help it.