Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Tagged to list 10 New Year's resolutions, I prefer to reflect upon those things I want the Lord to do in my life, as He molds me into the person He wants me to be.  [For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.  Romans 7]  I am weak, but He is strong.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2

According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
Philippians 1:20

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.  Amen.
Matthew 6:13

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Luke 21:36

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
I Thessalonians 5:15

Rejoice evermore.
I Thessalonians 5:16

Pray without ceasing.
I Thessalonians 5:17

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
I Thessalonians 5:18

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
I Thessalonians 5:21

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20


Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
I Thessalonians 5:24

1 comment:

Morgan said...

This was awesome to read...very good and inspiring. Thank you for this post, and may God richly bless you and your family this year!