Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Came - I Watched - I Sobbed

It was worthy to be deemed a current events class, so we sat to watch the inauguration of the 44th President of the United States of America.  As President-elect Obama entered the scene, the director switched to the camera which would televise the ocean of people cheering and waving flags from up-stretched arms.  Wholly unexpectedly, I began sobbing.  The ocean, the cheers, the humanity.  The humanity.  That's what grabbed my soul.

A)  They don't realize what they've done.
B)  They do realize what they've done.

Neither choice was a comfort.  I sobbed for the people.

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,
not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."


And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come.  And let him that is athirst come.  And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly.  Amen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus.  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.  Amen.  ~Revelation 22:17, 20, 21

No comments: