Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ho Hoe Ho


I ordered our '09 garden seeds from Heirloom Acres Seeds yesterday.  Knowing my harvest may bear little resemblance to the thumbnail photo representations of each garden delight daunts not my excitement, as I sit comfortably at the desk in the dead of winter.  Check with me in the dog days of summer and see if there are any hos alongside the hoes.  Realistically, there will be more hooo-weees than any other utterances, but on January 31st, I'm dreaming of a dreamy garden.

Alexandria Alpine STRAWBERRIES
Rutgers and Brandywine Black TOMATOES
Green, Red, Yellow, and Orange SWEET PEPPERS
Large Red HOT CHERRY PEPPERS
DiCicco and Green Sprouting BROCCOLI
Black ZUCCHINI
Lolla Rossa and Green Ice LEAF LETTUCE
Detroit Dark Red BEETS
Ebenezer WHITE ONIONS
Golden Self-Blanching CELERY
Bloomsdale Long Standing SPINACH
Orchard Baby SWEET CORN
Small Sugar PUMPKINS
Long Island Improved BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Blue Lake Bush GREEN BEANS
Atomic Red and Cosmic Purple CARROTS

Heavy on the carrots, because who wouldn't be excited over atomic red and cosmic purple carrots ... even if a girl isn't all that keen on eating carrots.  I think they'll make a lovely bouquet.



While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.  ~Genesis 8:22

1 comment:

Annie T. said...

We're going to have to remove the "Not" from "Caroline" if you do all of this. You're making me tired!!! (But some of that stuff does sound interesting!) :)