Monday, April 5, 2010

The Bug Knows

I heard the pouring rain hush this morning, moments before I rose from my seat at the computer so I could go shower and dress.  A mere one step away from my chair, I was startled by a sudden noise emanating from the speakers and turned to see the little desktop weather bug was red and flashing.  Well, you're a little late, I thought, but I poked the bug to discover the forecast high for the day, so I'd know whether to dress for winter or summer or something betwixt the two.  Totally ignoring the bold warning which had caused the bug to "thunder," I spied the number which told me summer, then grabbed that garment on the way to the shower.

Some fifteen or so minutes later, I went to the kitchen sink and saw a bold division of dark and light in the near, southern sky.  Whoa, those are some fierce clouds over my head.  Then crossing to the other side of the house and glancing out the door, I saw that same cloud line in the northern sky.  What?  What's up with this?  So I opened the door and discovered the line was also in the east...and the west.  We were covered in darkness and ringed with light: our own little personal storm.





That bug knows its business.


O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.  For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.  Isaiah 25:1, 4

No comments: