Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vanquished Apricots

With a combination of jam and sauce for meats, in a quantity of 30 pints, 2010 apricots are out of my life.  Well, excepting for the part where they're perched atop the cabinet in the bathroom.  I know, I know, cool, dark place is better.  Give me a few days to enjoy no mountain of orange orbs in my kitchen, and I'll try to hatch a better plan.  And, too, there are those final dozen jars of sauce which were processing when I realized I'd completely forgotten the garlic.  Label: APRICOT SAUCE - GARLIC.  Fresh garlic at the time of use will be better anyway; yeah, that's it.  *phflubbb*

Wouldn't it be awful if fruit trees bore several times a year?  Thinking about putting up a harvest is quaint and so Little House.  The actual act is a whole other story.  I'd never have made it on the pioneer prairie.  And I hope we can eat tomatoes fresh and in a measure equal to their ripening, at least until Tuesday!  Prepare for my next whine.  ºÜº

Mopping steamed brows.



Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.  Psalm 30:4

No comments: