Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Loon in the Lagoon

NOT.

"There's a loon in the lagoon."

That was the pronouncement made a couple of days ago, and when repeated today, I sent the young herald to the lagoon with the camera.

THERE'S A LOON IN THE LAGOON. It just rings Seussish or appeals to my anemic and basest [read: uncultured] appreciation of poetry.


But it wasn't a loon. And it wasn't alone. In fact, there were 6 blue winged teals paddling about. I'm happy for the wildlife identification foible, which brought me poetic pleasure, however erroneous were the reports.

I can understand a loon [read: crazy] in a lagoon, but a duck? Are ducks supposed to be crazy? Do they not know what a lagoon is?
Uhh-ckyy.

The lagoon has never before looked so lovely.



All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. ~I Corinthians 15:39

No comments: