Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kids and Kids

Sharing the Love

Three of my sister's children were here yesterday, and we visited the CowNot babies.

Poor Katie probably ruined her stylish, fabric-clad shoes, slogging around in CowNot ooppay. [The Pig Latin is for you, Kate, since I know you don't like that word in English. 'Sides, I can see and hear you gasping as you read, and that's what it's all about. And they won't be teaching you Pig Latin in college. You need me. You eallyray eednay emay. Love ~ Aunt OprahNot ]


Rikki did some squealing, when Eliza Jane climbed her leg, looking for cookies. Rikki was my Piglet (and I her Aunt Kiki) when she was little, which had nothing to do with any noises she made at the time and everything to do with adoring the wiggly little kid...who now towers over me.



LittleNoMore Larry, a manly-man who instructed me in the proper way to prepare Kraft macaroni and cheese, when he was Little Larry (more than two decades ago), eventually whisked up a kid for a closer look. [shhh...He petted it too. I knew that precious little boy was still beneath the attorney's facade!]

Sharing the love...and the sweet tea...and the good memories.


When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. ~Isaiah 43:2

2 comments:

Cousin Annie said...

What a good lookin' bunch of kids...& nieces & nephew, too!! ;) Glad you're sharing, & still making, memories.

Hugs!

Kate said...

This post made my heart happy. It's not often that the three of us are in one place at one time. Actually, I'd say nearly never. And although under sad circumstances, I was so glad to see you and the rest of the fam. I really do love and miss you all. :)