Sunday, June 1, 2008

200

Son3 made me aware recently that I was approaching Post #200 on my blog and suggested I make a big deal out of it. So here I am, trying to make a big deal out of it. Two hundred -- I sure have done a lot of blathering.

Here's a big deal(not): Son3 also just walked through here, telling me he's been watching a history program, in the course of which he learned that Caligula had his horse elected to the senate.

"Hmm, really?"

"Yeah, and worse than that, the horse always voted neigh."

"Oh, so it's a joke?"

"No, he really did have his horse elected to the senate. I only made up the last part."

"Oh."
_________________________

Chickens just look so funny when they run. If they'd only stick their arms out, it wouldn't be such an ungainly site. It's almost worth the two hours it takes to upload a video in order to share the ridiculous scene. Almost...not quite.
_________________________

I let SugarPlum choose the paper goods for her birthday party. Now I get to try to make a cake that looks like a slice of watermelon. Mrs. Piecrust said, "Oh, that'll be cute!" *clearing throat* Mrs. Piecrust hasn't seen any of my cake debacles. Pity the poor son who received my attempt at a camouflage cake...and the guests who had to close their eyes and not think about what they were putting in their mouths.
_________________________

Speaking of Mrs. Piecrust, she went shopping in Mexico a couple of weekends ago. I've told Mrs. Piecrust she's grounded. I also asked her to chronicle her adventure, so I can post it here for all to enjoy, and she said she'll do it. I kept waiting for the part in which she'd tell me she fixed what she'd done. It didn't come. I was feeling a little woozy; she just kept giggling. I love it when Mrs. Piecrust giggles. She does it well and often.
_________________________

I've rarely been reading or replying to my emails...because I've been sewing (and swimming and preparing meals and talking on the phone and going to Wal*Mart and sleeping). So it didn't really take me 35 hours of sewing to crank out one simple dress. Neither, though, did I whip up two and two on Friday and Saturday. It'll be a scant email week for me, because those seersuckers have to be done by Thursday evening. Wouldn't hurt none if I ran the vacuum cleaner and dusted too.
_________________________

Son3 came through the back door just now: "I just planted a whole flock of corn."
Good boy.
_________________________

Okay, have I made Post #200 special enough yet? Yeah, that's what I was thinking: I just driveled all over you again. Need a tissue?

200


Woo-hoo!

[How'd I do, Son3?]

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5, 6

1 comment:

Cousin Annie said...

Congratulations, you big talker, you!! ºÜº