Thursday, June 26, 2008

Guest Chicken

Which came first: the Bunny or the egg? I can tell you, it was the Bunny, because that's the name of Zoomer's hen, who came before her eggs, just as the first chickens came before their eggs.

I don't know why Zoomer named her hen Bunny, because if she told me, I've forgotten. [Zoomer, did you tell me this chicken hops?]

'Round about the time we discovered we had surprise chicks scampering about our place, Zoomer found her Bunny sitting on a clutch of eggs. Zoomer wanted those eggs protected, so she moved Bunny and her nest into a rabbit hutch. (Okay, so Zoomer may be a little tetched ... or she got carried away with the Bunny theme.)

I cheered with her from the sidelines, as the days passed, and jeered with her when all but three of the eggs mysteriously disappeared. She said something about the possibility of a snake invasion, but I pretended she didn't even say that, because 'nakes are not welcome in my world -- even in my thoughts -- which is why there was no blog post about the six foot 'nake someone killed in one of someone's barns. I won't think about or mention any names or locations, but I've seen the last of our goods which are stored in our barns. 'Nough said about that.

When came the end of the 21 days, out popped A peep. Joy, joy, joy. I was going to have to be all sad and be quiet about our chicks, if Bunny didn't present a chick, but she came through for Zoomer. And she's a right fine chickenmama:

What a sweet image, adorable chick, and lovely hen! Beautiful lacing on those feathers and gorgeous, fluffy tail. Since someone finally took her camera out of the box, I'll be looking for and sharing updates on the chick. I've thought of, and used, this Scripture before, but Zoomer's photo of Bunny and chick brings it to mind again: How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. (Psalm 36:7)

Thank you, Lord, for Bunny's chick.

As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. ~Psalm 18:30

No comments: