Monday, June 30, 2008

i BIT my granddaughter

It was my turn to be the bear. They caught me and put me in the cage.

"Does she bite?"
"I don't know. I'll thee (see)."

It was probably the 7th time we'd been through the script and my first assignment as the bear. The little plum crept close and stared at my face, so I opened wide, then snapped my jaws shut, making the loudest chomping noise I could. With her still staring, I opened again and chomped ... just as her finger darted into my mouth.

I didn't get the imaginary peanut butter sandwich. I didn't get the imaginary strawberries. I didn't get to escape from the cage. And, thankfully, I didn't pass out. I did spend a good measure of time consoling and explaining the accident. Eventually, tears turned to laughter, and we began hunting and capturing bears again.

Nearly 15 minutes later, the game long finished: "Nana, why did you bit me?"

In the words of Pooh, Oh worra, worra, worra.

So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee. Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Psalms 73:22-24

1 comment:

Cousin Annie said...

Hey, it happens, but I know you must have felt horrible!! :O