Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Say Something Funny to Me

Ever have one of those mornings?

This is NOT my recommended cure for ailing souls, and I've never done this before in my life, but I decided to look for a joke this morning. I've done all sorts of strange and new things in this, the fifth decade of my life.

A joke. What's up with that? I found one though:

The farmer's son was returning from the market with the crate of chicken's his father had entrusted to him, when all of a sudden the box fell and broke open. Chickens scurried off in different directions, but the determined boy walked all over the neighborhood scooping up the wayward birds and returning them to the repaired crate. Hoping he had found them all, the boy reluctantly returned home, expecting the worst.

"Pa, the chickens got loose," the boy confessed sadly, "but I managed to find all twelve of them."

"Well, you did real good, son," the farmer beamed. "You left with seven."

NOW I'm going to go listen to some hymns. There's one in particular I'd like to hear, and I'm not even certain of its title, which may be "I've Never Been Sorry." I've only heard it sung in a medley by Kurt LaBouve, and I have the CD. It has a fast-paced, uplifting tune to it, at least as Kurt sings it: I've never been sorry - that I trusted His name. Every morning I find Him - exactly the same. ºÜº

Another thing, though, about one's fifth decade is that one tends to forget things, and I can't remember where I put that CD. *laughing*



For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. Galatians 5:14, 15

No comments: