Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Week of the Baby Birds

First things first: This blogpost is a labor of blog dedication, because a spider the size of leviathan just ran past me, and since I cannot be convinced that eating me all gone is not the mission of every spider on earth, I can't EVEN believe I'm still sitting here. Furthermore, the arrangement of my computer armoire is such that I must hold the keyboard in my lap, so typing while my feet are tapping -- to keep the monster at bay -- is quite the irksome, but necessary, trick.

Now the week of the baby birds, which is a bit disingenuous, since it was more like the week of the smackdowns, but we won't go there...

When Charles noticed a bird flying into the bed of his truck with a worm and leaving it without, he went outdoors to investigate and found this baby bird perched in the bed. If uploading the photo degrades it, said bird is the little yellow blob to the right of the wheel well.


Just in case you couldn't spy the creature in that photo, here's a closer shot:


Ugly little thing, and it didn't blink an eye or twitch a feather throughout two photo sessions.


For Katie's sake, we won't talk about what I cloned out of the photo, but suffice to say it was uglier than the bird. Oh, and sorry, bird. Just tellin' it as I see it.




Know therefore that the Lord thy God, He is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations. ~Deuteronomy 7:9

No comments: