Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tidbits

The morning after the evening we'd discovered the two, new, surprise chicks, we learned one hadn't made it through the night. Within the same hour, the fellows caught sight through the living room windows of a coyote grabbing one of the 8 adolescent chicks. A bit of diminished chick-joy here for a while. ["The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21]
__________

While I was parting SugarPlum's hair for the making of ponytails, she said, "I'll open it, Nana," referring to the little storage container housing the 12,437 little rubber bands, and if I hadn't been so fixated on the parting, I would have thought to suggest she allow me to do the deed...but I was fixated. Ew boy. As she wrenched the lid from that container, the contents rocketed across the entire room, and our bathroom isn't such a tiny space. We did a lot of crawling that morning, and I'm still spying escaped hair accoutrements in various and sundry places.
__________

I placed for sale ads for our CowNot kids, and when I received a request for photos, the camera told me the batteries we'd installed a mere 3 days and 18 or so photos earlier are dead. It's either not communicating with them, or we bought dud batteries, and I'm hoping it's the latter, because I don't know how to coax the camera and batteries to talk to one-another, and I fear the camera may be saying, "I QUIT!" With a holiday and another family event occurring over the next week, this is not the best time for one's camera to be pitchin' fits. *growling* Had the camera been fully functioning, I may have made you look at the rubber bands from several angles and even reenacted the original scene -- so you could feel good and sorry for me over the ponytail incident -- but that one photo was all I could coax from the camera this morning. Be glad of it, eh?
__________

I asked the younger boys if there were any particular, special foods they'd like to have as we celebrate on the 4th. Son3 hmmmed for a few moments, then said, "Yeah, corndogs!" Corn dogs. Corn dogs? Special foods = Corn dogs? O.k.a.y., I'm going to add those to my shopping list, and I guess I'm on my own for determining what else we'll eat. I'll pick up some spools of curling ribbon and decorate the corndog sticks: s.p.e.c.i.a.l.
__________

There's nothing else scampering about in my gray fluff now, so I'm over and out (the door to buy corndogs...and whatever other foods leap into my cart).


O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. ~Psalm 67:4

No comments: