Monday, January 4, 2010

Favorite Thing - My Peg Loom

First, this new layout doesn't allow me larger photos.  That is NOT my favorite thing.



Okay, I'd meant to snap a photo of the nekked, finished loom, which was under construction when first I wrote of it, but I was so eager to weave, I forgot to do it.  That's okay, because it's a tad more interesting in use anyway.  I was amazed by how quickly the weaving moves right along ... if one has the foresight to make and piece all the fabric strips before she begins weaving.  This one didn't have that foresight.  Not long after these were taken, I stopped weaving and began assembling strips.  I may be ready to weave again by nightfall today.



Favorite Thing:  My Peg Loom


This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.  ~1 John 1:5-7

3 comments:

willow said...

oh so industrious!!! I love making 'things' with my own hands -
to see 'something appear where nothing existed before is so satisfying. Problem is, I've run out of space for various handicrafts and paintings......
I look forward to seeing your finished loom projects -
maybe I'll get inspired again....too much time with FOX news is like falling down a bottomless well!

Annie T. said...

I love it, Vickie! Caroline, I think you are, not NOT!!

CarolineNot said...

Willow, you merely need an Etsy shop, where you could peddle your Scottie paintings. Of course, then you could show me the ropes, if I ever create more crafts than my little home can hold.

I've wondered if we enjoy creating things, because we're created in the image of God, the Creator of all things. Of course, His things are all perfect, and ours flawed. I wonder if He smiles -- even thinks we're cute -- when we create. If He had a refrigerator, I bet He'd display our things on the front of it.