Saturday, June 19, 2010

1 Dozen Egg-Maker Photos

Faring much better than my flowers, may you enjoy a dozen chicken pics, including your first view of the black HenNot which sneaked into the shipping box with the girlie chicks last November.

[black star, delaware, leghorn, California leghorn, ancona, partridge rock, golden laced Wyandotte, ameracauna, Rhode Island red]













I ♥ tail feathers.



For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.  And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.  Romans 5:10, 11

2 comments:

willow said...

another memory for me -

odd Ms Sheep - that you seem to be stirring my memory pot so often lately.

My Dad - grew up in NYC - born in 1899, and his biggest dreams all of his life were simple.
one he wanted to visit Canada,
and two to have chickens of his own.

He never got to Canada -
and picture if you will how close the NY border is with Canada -

but I think for awhile when my sister was young back in the 30's he might have had chickens -
Yet when I was a kid (50's) he was still talking
about having a real hen house and chickens one day - so I'm not really sure if he ever got to realize this simple goal either.

Ruth and I are 19 years apart - and the only siblings - her memory is getting kind of foggy now
and I haven't seen her in over twenty years - I hope we can visit over the summer.

Your chickens are gorgeous Ms. Sheep -
free range eggs -
oh my!

I wish I could have some here - but I don't think it's allowed inside the boro....

grrrrrr

Unknown said...

What a variety! Very colorful and the tail feathers are pretty cool!