Thursday, December 6, 2007

*!*Presenting*!*...

The WHITE Egg


On the 4th of this month, we discovered in the coop a small brown egg, obviously lain by one of the new little hens. I was excited enough to blog a report but stayed my fingers, lest I begin to peck a plethora of chicken posts only a farmer could truly appreciate. These hens -- by the book -- weren't due to lay until December 10th, and the last flock was 3 weeks late laying, so that little brown egg was a welcome and early surprise.

When this pretty, little white number came through the door today, I could contain my excitement no more and grabbed the camera. It's from an Ancona, the only breed we have that lays white eggs...which color we've not seen since we embarked on this chicken venture over a year ago and prompted the inclusion of Anconas (black with white polka-dots) when I ordered the most recent flock.


Stay (pantingly) tuned for photos of blue-green eggs, when the Ameraucanas begin to lay.

Oh Happy Day!

O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.
Psalm 108:1

No comments: