Friday, December 14, 2007

We Stayed Too Long

CarolineNot: Would you drive me to town? I'm scared. [I'm all about black ice, so don't even try to tell me it's not there.]
Charles: Scared!?
CarolineNot: Yeah.
Charles: Why?
CarolineNot: Because I'm not a big, strong man.
Son3: Oooh, good one. Now you gotta take her.

As we were checking out, I said to the cashier, "I think we stayed too long. When you have two carts and bought clothes for the dog, you stayed too long."

She chuckled, continued dragging foodstuffs across the scannerbeeper, then added, "You must have a lot of kids."

"Well, yeah," I said. "But most of them are grown and living away from home. Old habits die hard."

*more scannerbeeping*

"Bird seed too," she commented. "Dog clothes and bird food -- you stayed too long."

And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
I Timothy 6:8

No comments: