Monday, January 7, 2008

Election 2008

"No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." II Timothy 2:4

Not all that long ago, it began to come clear to me how little should be my involvement in national politics. I remain on alert for Biblical chapter and verse commanding, or even suggesting, that I GET TO THE POLLS AND CAST MY VOTE! Oops, 'xcuse me, but some italicized boldness is the tenor of many who seemingly have lost their focus on the King's commission to His subjects. Anyway, I haven't found the chapter or even a verse pertaining to involvement in world governments.

I retain an interest in this country's political machinations, for I do find it fascinating to watch the worldwide, prophesied plan unfold in all its bits and pieces. And there actually is one Republican candidate running for election in '08 who appears -- in word and deed (boy howdy, is that deed part ever important) -- to be a reasonable candidate for whom to cast a vote...if I was of a mind to vote...and I'm not. They wouldn't allow him to serve anyway; this nation neither has free elections nor is still operating as a constitutional republic. Were that not the case, I might vote.

I'm reminded to reserve all my ire for the forces of evil, who are adept at blinding, deceiving, crippling, diverting attentions, and generally bringing all manner of harm to God's people.

Having been among those who were deceived and lent support to a candidate at the time of the last Presidential election -- and seeing which candidate is receiving like support, from like people groups, in the '08 election -- this one, small article seems a fitting offering to those who are still involved: We Desperately Need The "Confessing Church" (I do not necessarily subscribe to all the author's doctrinal beliefs and, in fact, disagree with his interpretation of a specific Scripture in another of his writings.) At the time of the last election, I would have appreciated knowing the facts, so I set some here, in case they'd be a help to anyone.

There's no mistaking this nation is in crisis. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." (I Timothy 2:5, 6) His name isn't on the ballot; the commission to His followers isn't in the voting booth.



Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19, 20

No comments: