Sunday, May 23, 2010

Barrow O' Beauty

Lily Turf, Dahlias, Purple Things, Other Purple Things


The Lily Turf, and one type of Purple Things are supposed to be perennials.
But take another look, because you may never see them again.
And this is probably the best any of the flowers are ever going to look.


Pretty
Ü

Son4 performed most of the labor.


I'm mostly the order giver cheerleader.


Ruger is trying his best to look remorseful.  How's he doing with that?  When he shot like a bullet to the side yard, then returned to the front in like manner, who knew he wasn't going to slow down or stop until he collided with and hyper extended Charles' knee?  Huge oopsie.


The ridiculous little chicken chaser, which was tethered to the wheel barrow, assured the polar bear it was okay.  What does he know?  He doesn't even have legs.


One dahlia went to the ugly little barrel on the driveway island.  Two years ago the barrel was green.  We're not green, and we're also not buying any more Wal*Mart brand paint...of any hue.


Yes, even the barrel has to be fenced, so the chickens won't leap into it and dig.

The island roses have bloomed. 
Sort of looks like a jungle out there. 
The weed eater won't start, and the grasses won't stop.


'Xcuse me, but these flowers look sort of ugly.
I can say that, because they're mine.
They remind me of my hair; not their colorful parts, their messy part.


They're not ugly for real.
In fact, they were my happiest flower-find.
The hummingbirds are ♥ing them.


Of course, I didn't know until I got them home and looked up calibrachoa that they're "frail."  Uh yeah.  Frail plants entrusted to my care.  Get your eyeful while the gettin's good, and I'll show you later what happens to them.  I guarantee it won't be pretty.

Let the countdown to flopped flowers begin.



I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.  Daniel 7:13-14

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your flowers look GREAT! As one who wouldn't know a green thumb if she saw one, I am impressed with anyone who can grow anything. I've never been able to do so. Hallie planted a small garden when she arrived home last week. We've been watering, etc. while she is out of town. Haven't killed anything yet, but hoping she returns soon so it won't be my fault if everything dies! :\ Sorry to hear about the knee...hope he's still walking!