Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fate

Again not wild about an article's title, I'll supply it while in a bit of disagreement with it.  There is on earth no country I know of in which the inhabitants could be deemed all of one mindset or heart.  Perhaps it's merely a matter of semantics, and I'm nitpicking.  What, though, is one's definition of nation?  Personally, I'm of no more mind to call a country pagan than I am to call it Christian or any other term related to belief or practice...including the United States of America.  It seems to me an impossibility to name the inhabitants of a country "a nation" when referencing the beliefs or practices of the individuals in a sole geographic location; within the borders of the U.S.A., are there not many nations?  But what do I know? ºÜº

To be sure, the civil governance of our nation has swung from a foundation of Christian principles to pagan principles, as has the prevailing or majority moral climate.  Self is the god of so many.

The Fate of a Pagan Nation
by Jim R. Schwiesow

"...Even in the face of such divine condemnation the people do not flee from their egregious lawlessness and sin, they shun correction and sink even deeper into gross and disgusting degeneracy, and they seemingly take pride in the nastiness of their perversions.  Indeed so proud are they that their putrescence is packaged and exported via films, music, and the written word to the entirety of the world.  We are most certainly a shame deficient people..." (read more →here← at News with Views)

It's not yet too late to go to the One True God, washed in the blood of the Lamb when kneeling before His throne.  Kneel we will: all peoples, all nations.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.  Matthew 5:44, 45

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.  Romans 14:11

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.  Revelation 3:20

No comments: