Friday, May 28, 2010

Pretty Yellow Flowers

I got an email the other night from Kath, sharing some of her yard sights, and she said she knew I'd be especially impressed with her yellow flowers, so I was eager to see them.  Scrolling past text to the photos, those beauties were the first to pop onto the screen:


I laughed aloud.

Truth be known, I quite like dandelions.  Perhaps they get their bad rap as a result of the uncomely puffballs they become, but in their delicate, radial, yellow glory, they're beautiful.

Redeeming herself, the photos also included this beauty from a very special rose garden:


In the photo bounty was a cardinal:


I love cardinals.
The males display such striking color.
The females are my admitted favorite, their understated, modest beauty seeming perfect.

Finally, this handsome indigo bunting:


Gorgeous




But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  I Corinthians 2:9

No comments: